As I was trying to think of something clever to write about, I realized I really haven’t given my readers much of an insight on me. Here I am, wanting to share my life and my opinions with y’all and you don’t even know who I am unless you go to my very first post. To combat this and make it quick, I want to try to give you 10 random facts about me every month.
- I am the oldest of three. My brother is 3 years younger than I am and I have a sister that is a decade younger. I was the princess though.
- I graduated high school with a minor in German. Although I don’t recall a lot these days, I can still pick things out of conversations and put it together if I hear it. I can still understand a lot of German writing.
- Speaking of graduating, I was also the only person in my graduating class that did so with honors in photography. It was what I was most passionate about and probably could’ve done something with it had I stuck with it.
- I didn’t go to college because I loved my job at QuikTrip, a convenience store, and realized it could, and did, turn into an actual career.
- I have globophobia; the irrational [yes, I know how ridiculous it is] fear of balloons popping. Anytime I’m near one, know I am extremely uncomfortable and my anxiety is probably at an all-time high.
- I always thought I would never have children. It wasn’t something I was ever interested in. Now that I have them, I don’t know what I would be doing. I don’t even know what I was doing before!
- I played instruments all throughout my childhood. Piano, violin, and guitar. I excelled at all three and could probably still play a tune if I got my hands on one of them.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s is my all-time favorite movie. The song, Moon River, that Audrey Hepburn sings during the film was my husband and my first dance at our wedding [not this exact version]. He probably still doesn’t know why I picked that song but it really means the world to me.
- I taught myself how to do makeup thanks to the power of YouTube. I originally watched xSparkage [now Leesha], Jaclyn Hill, Makeup Geek [now Marlena Stell], and Kandee Johnson. It’s been amazing to watch their journey and see how far the power of makeup has taken them. I still enjoy watching their videos and love being a supporter.
- When I can’t sleep, I watch ghost hunters, true crime documentaries, or horror films. I’m not sure if I should be concerned that death is what lulls me to sleep so peacefully but hey, gotta do whatcha gotta do, am I right?
What are some random facts about you? What are you willing to share with others that they may not currently know about you? Share in the comments down below! I would love to see what all we have in common, or don’t! That’s what makes us all unique!
Also, is this a series that I should continue doing? What types of facts would you like to know about? Just keep me updated in the comments!
Life is hectic. No matter what you do. For me, well, I’m a mom of two young boys living in the countryside, working a full-time job, married to my best friend, and might be slightly makeup obsessed. I’m here to share my experiences, my fears, my dreams, and what little tips and tricks I’ve picked up along the way.